About MBJ

20 Years of growth and nation building

Sangster International Airport is the leading tourism gateway to the island of Jamaica – one of the world’s most beautiful and desired destinations.

Jamaica lies just 550 miles south of Florida – at the very heart of the Caribbean. The destination has earned its global recognition by capturing the imagination of visitors with the unique appeal of its scenic and rugged interior – the Blue Mountains rise to well over 7,000 feet – combined with the unmatched beauty of tropical beaches bordering the blue-green water of the Caribbean Sea.  Each year, more and more visitors from around the globe are attracted by the island’s magic, its history, and its world-class facilities.

Sangster International Airport is ideally located on the northwest coast of the island – at the center of the country’s main tourism region and close to a wide range of hotel and resort facilities. The airport is within easy driving distance of the cruise ports at Montego Bay and Ocho Rios as well as the popular tourist town of Negril.

The Government of Jamaica awarded MBJ Airports Limited (MBJ) a 30-year concession agreement in April 2003 to operate, maintain and develop the airport. SIA handles the vast majority of tourists visiting Jamaica as the largest airport on the island by flights and passenger volume. SIA passenger traffic comprises over 98% of international travelers, predominantly from North American and European markets. Of Jamaica's more than 2.7 million stopover visitors in 2023, approximately 70% used SIA.

MBJ Airports Limited is a joint venture between Desarrollo De Concessions Aeroportuarias S.A. (DCA), a subsidiary of Mexico-based Grupo Aeroportuario del Pacifico (GAP), holding a 74.5% stake, and Vantage Group, based in Vancouver and New York, holding the remaining 25.5%. The combined expertise of these shareholders extends to managing 21 airports across five countries worldwide, with GAP overseeing 12 in Mexico and Vantage managing nine across four countries.

Over the past two decades, MBJ has invested over USD 326 million in enhancing and expanding the airport's infrastructure, shaping Sangster International Airport into a welcoming, secure, and efficient transportation hub. This transformation has earned SIA the prestigious title of the Caribbean's Leading Airport for fifteen consecutive years, as recognized by the World Travel Awards.

Sangster International Airport and Jamaica: An unbeatable partnership!